O'SHAUGHNESSY HALL AT SAINT MARY-OF-THE-WOODS
Upon entering the front gate of the grounds of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, the predominant French influence becomes apparent. Many boulevards in French cities lead to beautiful, ornate buildings. Similarly at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, the long, tree-lined Avenue leads to a fountain and, directly beyond it now stands Providence Center.
O’Shaughnessy Dining Room dates from 1921. Built in the gracious and elegant style of the early part of the 20th century, it was retained and renovated at the time of the building of the Providence Center. The columns are a major architectural feature of O’Shaughnessy. The ionic columns are characterized by a capital with two opposing volutes. Fan-art glass panels and 15-foot-tall windows are also dominant features of O’Shaughnessy Dining Room. The marble-based columns and multitude of arched windows reflect the manners and grandeur of a more gracious era, setting an elegant scene for modern-day events.
O'Shaughnessy accommodates up to 600 persons for buffets, formal dinners and wedding receptions. The large, open room is approximately 9,700 square feet. A portable dance floor is provided for each event. Over 180 free parking spaces are available.
Providence Center is a ministry of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.